Thursday, November 13, 2008

I will never keep up!

So, I've decided that I will never manage to keep a steady pattern of updating. Thankfully I haven't been on a knitting hiatus this time.

I finished one of the three stockings I promised Grandma Bobby I would make. Even though I said this last Christmas, I didn't start on them until September. I finished the snowflake stocking, but still haven't taken pictures. I've gotten 2/3rds of the way thru the Christmas Tree stocking, but still need to double stitch or embroider the lights and ornaments onto it once I've finished the chart. Not sure which to do!

I also decided that I wanted to learn garterlac, and I had 200 yards of some freshly dyed yarn. Oooolala. I was so impatient to start it, that I started knitting straight off the swift, and didn't bother winding the ball. This made it a less than portable project, but I'm already past halfway on using up the yarn.

Since that wasn't portable, and I still had the garterlac itch, I started on another one! I'm using the variegated white, yellow and orange cotton that I have just under 800 yards of to make a present for someone else. I'm saving all the juicy details on who the gifts are for, and only putting them on Rav. That would be the only place I'm certain no one in my family goes to.

I have tons of other things hibernating, and a buttload of things to make for Christmas. I still need to go by some size 2 DPNs to make another set of Spirogyra, and find my size 3s. One day I will break out my pretty size 15s and make stuff in a gauge I like, instead of all of this small stitching. *phew*

For Christmas, I want some elves to do my knitting for me, and then a wizard to put a false memory into my brain making me believe I made all of them.

No comments: